|_Jump to: Reviews||Guide to Art Museum Banter_|
If pictures are worth 1,000 words, then art museums are worth more than 1,000 words. Today’s Groupon is a meal for the eyes that gets you a one-year membership to Bellevue Arts Museum for $25 (normally $50). Take advantage of BAM’s mind-enriching events and constantly rotating exhibitions.
Your museum membership includes:
- free admission for an entire year
- 10% discounts on Museum Store purchases more than $10
- free and discounted lectures and workshops
- exclusive members-only invites
- discounts at select retail stores and restaurants
- a quarterly newsletter delivered to your home
- a monthly e-newsletter
The mega benefit of being a museum member is admission into a society of artisticship. With ever-changing exhibitions and events, you’ll be exposed to diverse works from different eras and worldly regions. Current exhibitions include Bright Abyss, which explores the artistic evolution of ceramic master Robert Sperry, and Iconography, which looks into the woodblock prints and sculptures of John Buck.
An art museum membership will remind you culture exists without having the words Law & Order in front of it. A yearlong membership encourages you to get your art-fill and saturate your art senses with deep contemplation of provocative works. Membership begins the day of your Groupon purchase, or today, so ready your art-fork and painting-spoon for the visual feast that is BAM. It’s the perfect holiday gift for an art-appreciating roommate or animal trainer.
Insider Pagers give four stars: > * Staff is very knowledgable [sic] with the exhibits and happily answer any questions. – Kris P. > * The exhibits were beautiful, the architecture of the builing [sic] was amazing, and there were plenty of open spaces for the kids to run around. – Tracy L.
Guide to Art Museum Banter
Because Americans and a few other nationalities are becoming increasingly dissatisfied with computer-generated masterpieces, art museum attendance has been on the upswing. By patronizing brick-and-mortar locations, art aficionados not only see some of the world's most renowned works, but more importantly, get to practice the art of art museum banter about art. Before taking advantage of today's Groupon, memorize these handy art criticisms, which are guaranteed to apply to any work at Bellevue:
- The brush stroke is large. It would not shock me if the artist painted with a wig or mop. Do you agree with my point of view?
- The way color is used is breathtaking. It is either red, blue, green, or purple, but I would need to take a closer look to be sure.
- Some say those are boxes, but to me they appear as triangles. Either way, this painting is about Lou Gehrig's desire to adopt a dog.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
510 Bellevue Way Ne
Bellevue, Washington 98004Get Directions