Groupon does not recommend wearing your finest white suit and cowboy hat when taking advantage of today's deal: $15 gets you $30 of classic American pub grub and drinks, plus one complimentary cocktail, at Boss Hog's Tampa Bar & Grill. (You might just get an Effen Fishbowl (Effen vodka, strawberry, and raspberry; $7) spilled on it.)
Boss Hog's menu serves up all the food you could possibly crave while watching a Bucs game. Starters include buffalo wings, barbecue wings, and honey barbecue wings ($8.99 for 15), fat-guy fries (any cheese, meat, and condiment, $7.99), and ridiculous nachos supreme ($15.99). The burgers come in all your favorite country-fried TV-character flavors, from Boss Hog (bacon, pulled pork, cheese, sautéed onions, and mushrooms, $9.99) to Daisy Duke (turkey burger with lettuce, tomato, onions, and pickles, $7.99).
Boss Hog's also smokes its own meat for sandwiches such as the Memphis-style pulled-pork sandwich (topped with cole slaw, $7.99) and its popular big boss plates (entrees such as meatloaf, ribs, or shepherd's pie served with two sides, $10–$17). Meanwhile, the more health-conscious can always opt for a wrap or a salad.
Hog's range of mixed drinks ($5–$7) might make you dizzy before you even knock one back. You can spark things off with a Surfer on Acid (Jaegermeister, Malibu coconut rum, and pineapple juice) or the Kurt Russell–recommended Cap'n Ron (Captain Morgan and root beer). From there, you're free to sample the sloshy delights of Boss Hog's "world-famous fishbowl drink menu," from Uncle Jesse's Moonshine to Orange You Glad It's Not Banana (and after a few of them, you'll finally figure out why you thought that knock-knock joke was hilarious in first grade). And if you do anything you'd just as soon forget, the bartenders will happily throw together a Mind Eraser (vodka, Kahlua, and tonic water).
So come as you are, watch the DJ's propulsive beats froth up your fishbowl, and ponder the Chuck Norris facts that adorn the wood-and-brick walls. If you end up getting a little too rowdy, you can always pin the crime on them rascally Duke boys.
Note: Fishbowl drinks not included in complimentary cocktail options.
- The place has charm and character...The food at Boss Hog's is just as good as the atmosphere. – Jessica Brady, St. Petersburg Times
- It's late on a Saturday night at Boss Hog's in downtown Tampa, and an awesomely wild vibe has swept through the room like laughing gas...Boss Hog's is where the college crowd — particularly nearby University of Tampa students — goes for beer pong, Panty Dropper shots and other forms of R-rated merriment. The bar also features killer deals like the 16-ounce, multiple-rum Malibu Surprise ($5). – Wade Tatangelo, Wingman
TV and Drinking: American Pastimes
When it comes to TV-show-themed menu items, The Dukes of Hazzard–inspired cocktails at Boss Hog’s are easily among the best, and we would know. At Groupon, we’ve had the misfortune of trying every drink ever inspired by a classic television program, including, but not limited to:
- The Gilligan: Coconut schnapps, sea water, and lime juice
- The Twilight Zone: Absinthe, Bailey’s poured in perfect spiral pattern, dramatic irony
- The Chicago Hope: 30 cans of Old Style, overnight intravenous saline solution; repeat
- The Ally McBeal: Cranberry vodka with a chunky cell phone floating in it. Although this cocktail dominated—perhaps defined—tastes in the 1990s, it is wholly forgotten today.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
511 N Franklin St
Tampa, Florida 33602Get Directions