Upscale American diner offers a wide selection of wet- and dry-aged steaks, including Bone-In Kansas City, Porterhouse, and Grand Filet
About This Deal
- Type of food: steaks, American
- Valid for the full menu on any day the establishment is open
- Valid for carryout and dine-in when available
- View the menu and prices
- Must-try dish: Grade A5 Japanese Wagyu beef steak
- Not valid on New Year’s Eve
- Not valid on private parties
- Ambiance: upscale, elegant, with a live pianist nightly
- Restaurant is best known for hand-cut steaks
- Mandatory 18% gratuity will be added to the check with a Groupon payment
About Chicago Chop House
Opened in November 1986 by Henry Norton, Chicago Chop House was a steakhouse debut of this prominent Chicago restauranteur. Along with Bill Farrahi, a former chef at Café Bohemia, Norton came up with the menu that featured an array of different meats, including moose, bear, buffalo, and elk. After more than 30 years, in 2017, the restaurant has been taken over by Chop Hospitality. The historic building went through a thorough renovation, and so did the menu. To enhance the steakhouse's ambiance, the new ownership added a live pianist entertaining guests nightly for a vintage touch of the past times. The walls present over 1,400 photos from the past of the great sports figures, politics, and celebrities while outside, there is a black 1938 Buick Touring Car with suicide doors that invites visitors for unique photo opportunities.
- For Starters: chrispy calimari, chop salad, and tropical scallops.
- The Steaks: wet- and dry-aged filets, bone-in rib-eyes, and more.
- The Wines: a selection from around the world, including New Zealand, Italy, and Argentina.