All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Each $5, $10, or $20 donation to this Grassroots campaign will be used by City Harvest to provide meals to people facing hunger. City Harvest collects excess food from restaurants, grocers, and farms, then distributes it to 500 soup kitchens, food pantries and other community food programs across the five boroughs.
In addition, each $5 donation grants donors one entry into a sweepstakes* for an unforgettable trip for two to New York to meet celebrity chefs, enjoy upscale food, and attend City Harvest’s Bid Against Hunger tasting event, where more than 70 of New York’s top chefs showcase their fabulous creations. The trip includes:
- Round-trip flight for two to a New York City Airport
- Two-night hotel stay
- Two VIP tickets to the Bid Against Hunger Tasting, a culinary extravaganza with food from the finest restaurants including Le Bernardin, Red Rooster, Blue Hill, Rao’s, Butter, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que, and more
- Early sneak peek into the event with a special meet and greet with a Celebrity Chef and mixologist
- The Celebrity Chef/mixologist will create a special cocktail exclusively for you
- Chance to hang out in the Groupon Chef Lounge all night for spotting Celebrity Chefs, such as Eric Ripert, Marcus Samuelsson, Ted Allen, Alex Guarnaschelli, and Anne Burrell
$10 donations grant donors two entries to the sweepstakes and $20 donations gives four entries. The sweepstakes ends at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, September 14. The winner will be drawn on Monday, September 21.
The Fine Print
100% of entry goes directly to the organization. See additional rules for sweepstakes entries. Must provide phone number at checkout, to be contacted if you are selected as the winner. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About City Harvest
City Harvest pioneered food rescue in 1982, and this year, will collect 55 million pounds of excess food to help feed the nearly 1.4 million New Yorkers struggling to put meals on their tables. Through relationships with farms, restaurants, grocers and manufacturers, City Harvest collects nutritious food that would otherwise go to waste and deliver it free of charge to 500 soup kitchens, food pantries and other community food programs across New York City’s five boroughs. City Harvest also takes a long-term approach to hunger relief through its Healthy Neighborhoods initiative.