What You'll Get
The dimples on a golf ball help it fly farther with greater accuracy, just as the dimples on a baby help it steal candy from gullible strangers. Find your adorably sporty sweet spots with today's Groupon at the Country Club of Canton. Choose between the following options:
- For $30, you get a weekday round of 18 holes for two golfers and a cart rental (up to a $60 value). This option is valid Monday–Friday.
- For $65, you get a weekend round of 18 holes for four golfers and two cart rentals (a $140 value). This option is valid Saturdays and Sundays.
Since 1923, the par 72 course housed in the confines of the Country Club of Canton has been challenging golfers of all ages and levels of ability with 6,322 yards of rolling fairways, tricky angles, and a hilly landscape. Made with an assortment of smooth Bermuda grass and greens, the playground for checkered pants is peppered with hazardous vacuoles of water, ball-refracting trees, and suspiciously self-aware umbrellas. Post- or pre-golf excursion appetites can be satiated at the country club's restaurant grille with the stomach-sating Sunday lunch buffet (cost not included in today's Groupon).
Places of America featured Canton Country Club:
- Canton Country Club has nicely maintained fairways, and in case you're trying to locate a nice place to go playing some golf, this is a perfect selection. If you come playing a round of golf here at your best, you can be able to score a few eagles. – Places of America
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Sep 16, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person for weekend package. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift for weekday package. Limit 2 per visit. Valid only for option purchased. Subject to availability. Not valid on holidays or special events. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Country Club of Canton
Country Club of Canton's 18-hole course wraps snugly around a 22-acre lake, allowing it to incorporate water into play on most of the holes. It's been the central characteristic since the layout was first strung around the lake in 1923. Other previous occupants included the old pine forests, still in existence, as well as the lake monster, forced to relocate through eminent domain. The golf club's social scene revolves around the 12,000 square-foot clubhouse, where a driving range and putting green skirt the clubhouse grille and banquet space.
Course at a Glance
- 18-hole, par 72 course
- Total length of 6,322 yards from the back tees
- Rating of 69.5 from the back tees
- Slope of 114 from the back tees
- Three sets of tees