What You'll Get
Digital Photography Live In-the-Field @ Palace of Fine Arts
Each Composition in the Field class begins with a talk with one of our experienced instructors, and then you and your fellow students take a stroll through one of a variety of photogenic locales (in any of the 20+ cities the DPA encapsulates). There is street photography, magnificent interiors, farmers markets, zoos, landscapes, and more, photos of which are included within. These photos are a mix of student and instructor images in many different venues and cities across the United States and Canada.
Widely considered the most beautiful structure at the exhibition, the Palace of Fine Arts is the work of California architect, Bernard Maybeck. Inspired by a Piranesi engraving that features a Roman ruin reflected in a swimming pool, Maybeck’s masterpiece was the mirror of a ruin that existed, not for its own sake, but to show “the mortality of grandeur and the vanity of human wishes.” Like other features of the fair, the Palace was meant to come down at the close of the fair — and the rest… is history.
Meeting spot to come closer to the date of the class.
You will have fun in the three hour session, learn to shoot strategically, get more interesting photos of the event, and walk away with a foundation to improve your photographs in the future, whether you’re traveling, or at a birthday party and everywhere in between.
Take this course if you:
- Want to apply what you have learned in our DSLR/Point and Shoot classes out in the field
- Want to test your camera’s capabilities side by side with your instructor in amazing locations
- Want to appreciate local areas in a whole new way and capture amazing images that will last a lifetime
- Want to meet and learn from some of our 100+ instructors across the country
Link to the exact location of the class will be emailed to registrants
The class identified is made available through CourseHorse, a 3rd party marketplace for Composition classes and more. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the merchant, Digital Photo Academy, in connection with this offer. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to CourseHorse will be directed back to Groupon.
The Fine Print
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Must be 16 or older to attend
- Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged, altered, or redeemed for other dates, but may send a friend in place.
- Must present CourseHorse confirmation email upon arrival.
- Purchaser name must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with CourseHorse and course provider for purposes of order fulfillment.
- Groupon voucher Terms of Sale and Extraordinary Event Policy do not apply.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
- Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
- Note, additional equipment or materials may be required or included in purchase price, see course description for details.