Many American bistros differentiate themselves from their European counterparts by serving region-specific dishes and replacing waiters with Bruce Springsteen. Satisfy a hungry heart with today’s Groupon to Duplex. Choose between the following options:
- For $30, you get a two-course dinner for two (up to a $64.97 value), which includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $10.99 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $19.99 value each)
- Two glasses of house wine (a $7 value each)<p>
- For $55, you get a two-course dinner for four (up to a $129.94 value), which includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $10.99 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $19.99 value each)
- Four glasses of house wine (a $7 value each)<p>
Dinner is served from 5 p.m. to midnight.
The Southwest Journal’s Carla Waldemar heaps high praise on the Duplex’s menu of upscale comfort food. A plate of sea scallops simultaneously piques partnered palates with drizzles of sun-dried-tomato pistou, a balsamic reduction, basil oil, and a red-pepper gremolata. A foursome’s free hands raise in slow-motion high-twenties over the steak sandwich, which features a grilled ciabatta roll layered with grilled rib eye, white cheddar cheese, and a dijon demi-glacé alongside house-cut fries. Pillow-like house-made potato gnocchi with tomatoes, roasted portobello mushrooms, and shallots leave mouths dreaming of second helpings, and patrons escort meals or toast a special occasion with a glass of red or white house wine.
Duplex’s unassuming, two-story homelike setting in Uptown invites glimpses into the kitchen through a window behind the bar. The warm red-and-orange walls and wooden tables softly lit with votive candles encourage conversation and postmeal ghost-story telling.
2516 Hennepin Ave. S
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55405