Though the Caribbean isles are well known to outsiders, Caribbean cuisine remains a hidden gem due to tourists frequently subsisting solely off a paste made from sand, ocean water, and puréed linen pants. Uncover the edible treasure of the tropics with today’s Groupon to El Coqui Puerto Rican Restaurant. Choose between the following options:
- For $39, you get a three-course Caribbean dinner for two (up to an $81 value) that includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $13 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $27 value each)
- One dessert (up to an $8 value)
- Two non-alcoholic beverages (up to a $3 value each)<p>
- For $74, you get a three-course Caribbean dinner for four (up to a $156 value) that includes:
- One appetizer sampler (a $20 value)
- Four entrees (up to a $27 value each)
- Two desserts (up to an $8 each)
- Four non-alchoholic beverages (up to a $3 value each)<p>
The chefs at El Coqui Puerto Rican Restaurant transport taste buds to the Caribbean’s crystalline shores via an authentic menu of homemade Puerto Rican dishes. Tasting tandems can opt for a starter of shrimp ceviche or plantain-crusted crab cakes; quartets clink cups and peg legs before submerging into the caribbean seafood platter’s panoply of crab cakes, calamari, and fish bites. Situated atop a caribbean root puree, the volcano’s crags of churrasco and skirt steak erupt with a flavor explosion of white-wine sauce, sautéed shrimp, and mushrooms, which may sumptuously spill over into a neighboring bowl of spanish rice and seafood-studded paella. Signature mofongo dishes season mashed fried green plantains with garlic, olive oil, and pork cracklings and pair them with a choice of chicken, fried pork, or seafood before sweet servings of coconut pudding, chocolate flan, and crème brûlée cap the culinary cruise.
Spare wooden furnishings and evocative artwork pepper El Coqui’s sun-soaked dining room, which often hosts the dulcet sounds of authentic Puerto Rican tunesmiths. Although not included in today’s Groupon, diners can sip on suds and spirits beneath the tin ceiling of the full-service bar or under the dining table of their choice.