This intimate spot specializes in traditional Ethiopian food with plenty of meat, seafood, and vegetarian options
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- Type of Food: Ethiopian
- Click here to view the menu
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 90 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 3 per person, may buy 3 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 90 days. Limit 1 per visit. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Ethiopian Cottage Restaurant
Cottages are common in rural Ethiopia, so it's fitting that Yigletu Debebe and his wife, Almaz Bekele, named their restaurant Ethiopian Cottage. The intimate setting and authentic fare have made it a popular destination, as evidenced by multiple readers' choice awards from Milwaukee Magazine, Shepard Express, and Journal Sentinel. Read on to learn about the traditional Ethiopian cuisine served here:
Traditionally, everyone at the table shares, but each person can order an entree, so there are a variety of dishes to try.
- Injera: a crepe-like sourdough flatbread infused with seasoned, clarified butter
- Beef tibs: marinated chunks of beef sautéed with garlic, onions, and peppers
- Doro wat: chicken simmered in spicy berbere sauce, served alongside a chicken drumstick and and hard-boiled egg
- Ybeg alicha: tender cubes of lamb meat cooked in garlic, ginger, onions, and seasoned, clarified butter
- Seafood wat: shrimp or tilapia cooked in a spicy homemade sauce
- Tikel gomen: cabbage, carrots, and onions lightly spiced and served in a mild sauce