The family is the basic unit of society—yet, statistically, family members are the very people most likely to steal the extra Arch Deluxe you've been saving for all these years. Solidify family alliances and suss out enemies with today's Groupon for admission to the George S. Eccles Dinosaur Park, located near Ogden Canyon. Choose between two options:
- For $28, you get a family membership (a $60 value).
- For $10, you get a one-day family pass (a $24 value).
Family membership is valid for two parents and all spawn ages 17 and under; a one-day family pass admits two parents and their two favorite children.
Nearly eight acres in size, the dinosaur park features educational exhibits in the Elizabeth Dee Shaw Stewart museum, a laboratory with working paleontologists, and a nature park filled with more than 100 dinosaur sculptures. Robotics and a convincing system of sound effects enliven the oversized lizards, which include various species that used to inhabit Utah and the 20-foot-tall, 45-foot-long T. rex, which still lives there. Kids can also play in the dino-themed playground or visit the pond to chat with the giant trout. Click here to embark on a virtual tour of the park.
Ogden Eccles Dinosaur Park
Utah didn't always look like Utah. Far back in the geological timeline, America's west was home to living, breathing, and roaring giants: dinosaurs. Today, Ogden Eccles Dinosaur Park pays tribute to the state's earliest residents.
- Size: more than eight acres of immersive environment bring Utah's indigenous dinosaurs back to life
- Outdoors: Triceratops, Utahraptors, and other full-scale dinosaur sculptures are placed in realistic tableaux
- Indoors: the Elizabeth Dee Shaw Stewart Museum houses real dinosaur fossils
- Eye Catcher: the 45-foot long, 20-foot high Tyrannosaurus Rex
- Don't Miss: a working dinosaur laboratory, where scientists prepare samples from the area and debate which dinosaur was the coolest
- Hands-On Experiments: kids can split geodes, pan for gold, and dig a stegosaurus skeleton from the quarry
- Special Programs: dinosaur-themed day camps
1544 E Park Blvd.
Ogden, Utah 84401Get Directions