Amazon Echo with Alexa
Backed by the Alexa Voice Service, the Amazon Echo goes well beyond the standard capabilities of a Bluetooth speaker. Yes, it connects wirelessly to your phone or tablet and plays music and podcasts in high-quality sound, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg. It also connects to your home WiFi so it can answer your questions, read the news aloud, order pizza for you, and more, all at your beck and call.
Just Call on Alexa, and She’s There
All you have to do is say “Alexa,” and the Echo wakes up, ready to take your request. The unit’s seven integrated microphones use beamforming technology and enhanced noise cancellation to hear your questions and commands, even if you’re a few feet away and there’s music playing in the background. As you make more and more requests of Alexa, she learns your speech patterns, vocabulary, and preferences, making it easier for her to find whatever information you’re seeking.
Delivers High-Quality Sound
Built into the Echo are a 2.5” woofer and a 2” tweeter, each of which have been carefully tuned to project both chipper high notes and rumbly low notes throughout the room. No matter where you’re sitting, you’ll be able to enjoy the down-firing speakers, as they produce 360° sound in every direction. This design is perfect for a party; simply start a streaming service such as Spotify or Pandora on the Echo, and you’ll soon have ambient sound that can fill a room without being too loud.
Control Your Smart Home
Connect the Echo to smart home products such as Philips Hue, WeMo, Nest, and ecobee, and you won’t even have to get out of your chair to control your house’s lights or change the thermostat.
Expand Alexa’s Skills
Thanks to the Alexa app for your smartphone (available for Android and iOS devices, and Amazon products), you can add skills to Alexa’s repertoire based on what you like to do. Big on trivia? Add the Jeopardy! skill. Need a lift? Add the Uber skill. Have an insatiable hunger for pizza? Add the Domino’s skill. Because everything is based in the cloud, you won’t run out of disk space adding new skills, which are constantly being created to connect you to your favorite business and apps.
- “It isn’t just a smart speaker. It’s a user interface for your home, the thing you use more than anything else. It’s overwhelmingly good at what it does, and it’s learning to do more and more every day.” — CNET
- “What the Amazon Echo can do for you is limited only by your imagination.” — ZDNet
- Speaker and voice-controlled digital assistant
- Stays connected to your home WiFi network
- Alexa Voice Service for hands-free operation
- Pulls information from the cloud to answer your questions and commands
- Bluetooth-enabled; connects wirelessly to your smartphone or tablet to stream music
- 7 built-in microphones for accurate voice recognition
- 2.5” woofer
- 2” tweeter
- 360º omnidirectional audio
- Compatible with many home automation services
- Timers and alarms with customizable tones
- Alexa app (available for Android and iOS devices, and Amazon products) allows users to bolster the Echo’s versatility
- Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi
- Condition: new
- Product dimensions: 9.25”x3.3”x3.3”
- Weight: 37.5oz.
- 1 year warranty from Amazon In the box: Echo, 6ft. power adapter and cable, quick-start guide
Installing a home theater is more than just plugging in components. Tailor it to match your space with these home theater design best practices.
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.
The Fine Print
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.