All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- $18 for one ticket for balcony seating (up to $35.20 value)
- $23 for one ticket for mezzanine seating (up to $45.70 value)
- $29 for one ticket for orchestra seating (up to $56.70 value)
- $39 for one ticket for platinum-level seating (up to $78.15 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
Ailey II: Revelations
- Ailey II is: the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater’s second troupe—a band of young talent that the Los Angeles Times hails as “indefatigable, virtuosic and relentlessly sexy”
- The program: Ailey’s enduring 1960 classic, Revelations
- The theme: Through exquisitely crafted dance vignettes and a soundtrack of spirituals, song-sermons, gospel, and holy blues, Ailey explores what he calls the “sometimes sorrowful, sometimes jubilant, but always hopeful” heritage of African-Americans.
- The Reviews: Richard Christiansen of the Chicago Tribune asks “Is there a more moving work of 20th century dance than Revelations?” Likewise, Karen Campbell of The Boston Tribune hails it as “…one of the most sublime dances ever choreographed.”
Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
Alvin Ailey once said, “Dance is for everybody. I believe that dance came from the people and that it should always be delivered back to the people.” In the spirit of the late master’s populist philosophy, the troupe that bears his name doesn’t just produce shows—they also provide dance training and community programs for aspiring performers and ambitious pointe shoes. And when the critically-acclaimed performers do take the stage, every soaring leap and intricate step powerfully communicates a unique perspective on American culture and history. Live performances pull from the company’s catalogue of more than 200 original works, celebrations of African American heritage that have earned it worldwide praise and even a Congressional resolution naming it “a vital American cultural ambassador to the world.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 4, 2015. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem 11/4 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Ticketmaster's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed. Contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Bergen Performing Arts Center
In 2004—on a mission to bolster its community’s wellspring of creativity and education—the nonprofit Bergen Performing Arts Center took over the former John Harms Center, an art-deco-style movie and vaudeville palace built in 1922. Today, in the same antique theater where Frank Capra screened his first car chase, the venue hosts 150 yearly events that bring dance, music, and theatrical productions to an estimated 250,000 annual audience members. Networks such as HBO, PBS, and MTV all have filmed international broadcasts on the stage, which has seen the likes of Diana Krall, Heart, and ZZ Top.