- $25 for one ticket for seating in the left or right of orchestra section B (up to $44.04 value)
- Click to view the seating chart
Columbia Festival of the Arts Presents: Monterey Jazz Festival on Tour
- The Monterey Jazz Festival is the longest consecutively running jazz fest in the world, an iconic destination for true-blue fans of the genre since 1958.
- The tour unites six critically lauded and Grammy-winning artists into a super-group that represents the festival’s iconic swagger, virtuosity, and “traditional-untraditionalist” attitude.
- The artists include Raul Midón (guitar and vocals), Ravi Coltrane (tenor and soprano saxophones), Nicholas Payton (trumpet), musical director Gerald Glayton (piano), Joe Sanders (bass), and Gregory Hutchinson (drums).
- The New York Times called Raul a “one-man band who turns a guitar into an orchestra and his voice into a chorus.”
- The Kansas City Star said, “The Monterey Jazz Festival has a reputation for doing things right—55 years of taking pains to present the best musicians in the best settings. So when the festival assembles an all-star band for a tour, it’s going to be a good one. And when the tour comes to town, you had better pay attention.”