- One ticket to see Defending the Caveman
- When: any show through December 31
- Where: The D Showroom
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click to view the show calendar
- General admission (up to $47.90 value)
- VIP general admission, which includes priority seating at a cocktail table and a souvenir T-shirt (up to $58.90 value)
- Platinum VIP admission, which includes guaranteed premium seating at a booth or cocktail table, a drink from the showroom bar, a souvenir photo, and a souvenir T-shirt (up to $76.40 value)
Defending the Caveman
After being crowned the longest-running solo show in Broadway history, Defending the Caveman continues on its quest for theatrical world domination by staging performances throughout the country and across the globe. The New York Times called the play “a nationwide comic phenomenon,” while the Boston Globe hailed it as “perceptive…witty…sweetly understanding.” More than 20 years after its debut, a band of comic cavemen continue to bring Becker’s affectionate dissection to new audiences.
A lone man takes shelter in his cave, and with a scratch of his chest hair, begins to ruminate on the longest war humankind has ever waged: the battle of the sexes. Philosophizing on everything from contemporary feminism to the erogenous zone, he dissects the nuances of the male and female relationship with warmth and humor. Rob Becker’s uproarious script—informed by an informal three-year study of anthropology, sociology, and prehistory—blends casual observations, such as a woman’s tendency to dominate her man’s closet, with hypothetical situations, such as men talking about what makes them cry as they pump iron, for an evening where neither gender is spared.