What You'll Get
- $9 for one general-admission ticket (up to $18.95 value)
- Their Origins: Keyboardist Ethan Holtzman embarked on a six-month tour through Southeast Asia, and returned home with a suitcase full of Cambodian cassettes—right at the same time that his brother was getting into the same tunes through his record-store job. Soon they formed a band and recruited Chhom Nimol, a bona-fide Cambodian pop star with otherworldly pipes.
- Their Sound: an unheard of blend of ’60s-era Cambodian pop and psychedelic rock
- Their Debut: a self-titled 2003 album of forgotten Khmer covers that served as a melodic nod to Vietnam War–era surf, psych, and classic rock
- Their Breakthrough: The band’s sophomore release, 2005’s Dragon House, contained all original material. Amazon.com named it the year’s top international release, and Mojo Magazine listed it in their Top 10 World Music Releases in 2006.
- Their Famous Friends: Peter Gabriel, Metallica’s Kirk Hammett, and Ray Davies
- Where You’ve Heard Them: on films such as The Hangover 2 and Broken Flowers, on HBO’s True Blood, and outside their house if you’ve hid in their bushes
- Their Latest: The Deepest Lake, the band’s fifth full-length album, sees the band incorporate Khmer rap, Latin grooves, and afro percussion into their kaleidoscope of sound.
- TV Mike and the Scarecrows: Led by Mike Klinge and his Bob Dylan-like voice, this twangy psychedelic rock band has travelled the country and shared the stage with the likes of My Morning Jacket and The Avett Brothers.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 5, 2016. Limit 8/person. Redeem 3/4 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 18 or older; Under 21 must buy $5 non-alcoholic drink ticket at the door. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.