- $29 for one ticket to a belly dance show with a Turkish dinner (up to $69 value). Dinner includes Turkish rice, beef or chicken kabob, and salad.
- Where: Drom
- Seating: reserved
- Door time: one hour before showtime
- Saturday, July 25, at 5:30 p.m. or 8 p.m.
- Friday, July 31, at 5:30 p.m. or 8 p.m.
- Sunday, August 2, at 5:30 p.m. or 8 p.m.
Turkish Dinner and Belly Dance Show
The undulating rhythms and alluring choreography of the ancient dance of seduction twirl into the exotic global enclave of Drom, which the Village Voice voted Best New Dance Club of 2011. Layla Isis, Mariyah, and Sira sweep guests to a journey in ancient faraway lands, where palaces dripped with opulence and each year lasted 1,001 nights.
After a Turkish dinner, music slowly infiltrates the room as belly dancers entice guests to shimmy, shake, and deliver more-seductive bellybutton winks in an optional half-hour lesson. Once beginners have learned the basics of abdominal allurement, primal percussion begins to ricochet off exposed-brick and scarlet walls as Layla Isis scintillates with moves captured on film in Sex and the City 2. Moving amid shimmering veils and robes, Isis and her crew bring a sense of bold, dynamic expression to the classical Arabic art form.