Blues music often touches on painful subject matters, such as unrequited love, economic hardship, and stubbing your toe really, really hard. Hear some emotional tunes with this GrouponLive deal.
- $15 for one ticket to see North Mississippi Allstars (up to a $36.55 value)
- When: Saturday, September 28, at 9 p.m
- Where: House of Blues Chicago
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 7:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
North Mississippi Allstars
North Mississippi Allstars – "Rollin' 'N Tumblin'" (Official Video)
* The Allstars: brothers Luther and Cody Dickinson and Chris Chew * Their sound: a blend of scorching country-blues and thundering roots rock * Other comparisons: The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion without leather pants; The Rolling Stones if they grew up in Mississippi; John Lee Hooker after multiple cups of coffee * The latest album: World Boogie Is Coming * Where you've seen them: collecting a Grammy nomination for "Best Contemporary Blues Album," touring with Robert Plant and the Band of Joy, or opening for Dave Matthews Band * Proof that blues is in the bloodline: Luther and Cody are the sons of Memphis music royalty Jim Dickinson, who worked with artists including Ry Cooder, The Rolling Stones, and The Replacements * What Rolling Stone says: “the Allstars may be children of tradition, but they’re digging deep in undiscovered country.”