What You'll Get
- $14 for one general-admission ticket (up to $33 value)
Yonder Mountain String Band
- Their sound: redefines the boundaries of bluegrass with rock and improvisational elements
- Their influences: everything from The Grateful Dead to punk rock
- Their unlikely origins Guitarist Adam Aijala points out that the band had never even heard bluegrass until their 20s. Before that, they all preferred punk.
- Need proof? Their 2015 album Black Sheep features a cover of The Buzzcocks’ “Ever Fallen in Love”
- Another seemingly unlikely fact about Black Sheep: Despite the band’s long career, it’s the first time they’ve ever recorded as a conventional bluegrass five-piece—guitar, mandolin, banjo, fiddle, and bass.
- The reason for the switch up: Following the departure of founding member Jeff Austin, the group expanded to include mandolinist Jacob Jolliff and violinist Allie Kral.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Mar 24, 2016. Limit 20/person. Redeem on 3/23 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 21+. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.