Fake Radio Presents: A Live Re-Creation of “It’s a Wonderful Life"!
About This Deal
George Bailey spends his life sacrificing his dreams for the good of others in the town of Bedford Falls despite the relentless pressure from the town’s evil millionaire, Mr. Potter. Then, one Christmas Eve, George becomes emotionally broken after his uncle misplaces $8,000 that his business needs to stay afloat. His guardian angel, Clarence, falls to Earth — literally — and shows him the value and meaning of George’s life and how he’s touched so many others. The 1946 film was so popular, that it was re-written for the radio and broadcast in 1947 for the Lux Radio Theatre. Jimmy Stewart reprised his role as George Bailey in the radio adaptation. 72 years later, Fake Radio is thrilled to re-create that entire 1947 CBS radio broadcast — commercials and all! — for live audiences in both Portland and Hillsboro. Featuring top talent from Portland and Los Angeles, Fake Radio re-enacts historic radio shows the old-fashioned way: dressed in period clothing and standing with scripts in hand in front of old microphones. Sound and music effects will make you feel like you’re watching a live radio show taping from the 1940s. We’ll even re-create the old commercials! Just be ready for the cast to occasionally go off-script!
There’s a 15-minute intermission.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need To Know
- ALL SALES FINAL.
- Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer.
- Discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change.
- Ticket value includes all fees.
- Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon, Goldstar, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.