What You'll Get
Slow down and watch the world go by with today's Groupon: $10 buys you $20 worth of lunch, dinner, and/or drinks at GreenStreet Cafe, the outdoor lounge and catch-all restaurant in Coconut Grove. Owners Sylvano and Maida Bignon have created a relaxed haven where folks of all stripes (and occasionally plaids) stop for food, libations, and conversation from early morning until the wee hours; GreenStreet's lively European patio is open until 3 a.m. Thursday through Saturday, drawing diners all day long as well as those just stopping in for a mango martini or pama mojito. This deal is only valid at the Miami location and for food and libations from 3 p.m. to 3 a.m., the 12-hour period known to the ancient Greeks as The Nap of Sophrosyne.
GreenStreet's dinner menu overflows with tempting salads, pastas, and burgers, as well as unexpected entrees such as chicken provencale ($17), orange duck ($19), and veal scallopini ($19). It also offers pizzas such as goat cheese margarita ($14) and bruschetta ($9), best accompanied by a glass of Strozzi Chianti ($8). Put away that deflated beach ball full of sherry you sneak into softball games: GreenStreet has a satisfying little wine list and a full bar that specializes in house cocktails such as the cucumber cooler with Fris vodka, lime juice, cucumber, and sprite, or the pama cosmo, a classic cosmo with a touch of pomegranate liquor.
Grab a friend and today's Groupon, and head to GreenStreet Cafe for a relaxed meal en plein air.
- Green street has a knack for always being able to revamp and reinvent itself. They have the most amazing salads and chicken fingers! – spazos, Citysearch
- It was nice to Dine outside while the music was going and you feel the night life going on around you! the Chocolate and Mango Martini were awesome… – luvlust07, Citysearch
Friends or More?
The GreenStreet Cafe is an ideal hangout for a group of platonic friends, but it could also serve as a cozy date spot for a romantic dinner for two. If you're un sure whether you're in the midst of an outing as "just friends" or a full-on "date," listen for these key phrases to help clue you in:
- If they say: You're a really good listener. I wish my boyfriend, Axel, was more like you, instead of a vapid model for firefighter calendars. Just friends.
- If they say: You have the bluest eyes. I hope they get passed on genetically to our offspring, whom I've already named Caleb, Bonnie, and "Lil' Danger." Date.
- If they say: I think we should split the check in half. Then, if you suggest we split a cab, I will noncommittally agree, but when it arrives, I will suddenly remember I have forgotten my coat. If you point out that I am wearing my coat, I will confess that I am trying to prevent you from learning my home address. On the way home, the cab driver will ask you if you want to talk about it, but you will say no. Just friends.
- If they say: This is a great date, Dately. Can you pass me some more date sauce for these dippin' dates? Also, I love you. Date.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Apr 6, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Valid from 3pm-3am. 1 Groupon per 2 people, max 3 per table. Good for dine-in and carry-out. Gratuity not included. May purchase multiple as gifts. Not valid with other offers. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.