What You'll Get
Growling stomachs can hamper stealth operations, spoil belly dances, and, in extreme cases, induce dogs to attack. Quiet whimpering tummy tones with today’s Groupon: for $38, you get a five-course chef’s tasting menu dinner for two at Kokopelli Restaurant & Tequila Bar, located near Rittenhouse Square (up to a $106 value). Each diner can choose one of the following options for each course:
- Crispy corn fritters with sweet-and-spicy pepper coulis (a $9 value)
- Yucca and plantain chips with a trio of salsas (a $5 value)
- Green-chili-stewed chicken with a cornbread muffin (a $6 value)
- Wild mushroom (up to a $7 value)
- Barbecue chicken (up to a $7 value)
- Salad or Soup:
- Caesar salad (a $6 value)
- Spring-mix salad (a $6 value)
- Southwestern corn bisque (a $7 value)
- Black-bean soup (a $7 value)
- Bronzed salmon (a $24 value)
- Black Angus hanger pepper steak (a $21 value)
- Orange chicken (an $18 value)
- Flan (a $6 value)
- Crème brûlée (a $6 value)<p>
Kokopelli’s stomach-sating chefs bring southwestern zing to every dish within a cozy eatery. The Chef’s Tasting menu begins by herding hordes of crispy corn fritters brimming with sweet-and-spicy pepper coulis, the chosen snack of scarecrows everywhere. Herbivores enjoy the spring-mix salad, which unleashes the juiciness of cherry tomatoes, raspberry vinaigrette, and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds, whereas pescetarians might set their sights on bronzed salmon in a colorful mango-pepper salsa. The Creekstone Farms Black Angus hanger pepper steak shares plate real estate with Spanish rice, finished with a sweet crème brûlée or a firm, tasty flan.
Though not included with this Groupon, Kokopelli’s voluminous drink menu includes pours of nearly five dozen tequila varieties. Dinner crowds fluoresce in Kokopelli’s mood lighting, which illuminates the corners best for intimate dining and those best for practicing barstool gymnastics.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 6, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 2 per person. Limit 1 per table. Dine-in only. Valid only for Tasting Menu. Valid only for dinner. Not valid for the purchase of alcohol. Not valid on holidays. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.