What You'll Get
Though it is illegal for pranksters to shout about nonexistent fires in a theater, shrieking after an encounter with an under-seat gum wad is permissible. Shout about what's on stage instead with today's deal: get tickets to 110 in the Shade at Hale Center Theater Orem from Monday, June 28, to Saturday, July 10, 2010. Choose one of the following three seating options:
- $52 for premium seats (first four rows) (a $149 value)
- $45 for A-level seats (5th, 6th, and 7th rows) (a $129 value)
- $34 for B-level seats (southeast and southwest corners, with restricted viewing) (a $99 value)
Four-time Tony winner and current Private Practice actor Audra McDonald and Tony nominee Will Swenson star in a contemporary musical adaptation of N. Richard Nash's 1954 classic play The Rainmaker. The story, set in a rural, drought-ridden town in the American Southwest, tells the tale of aging spinster Lizzie Curry (McDonald) as she considers two suitors: a respectable, upright citizen, and a charismatic drifter and con man, Bill Starbuck (Swenson), who promises the moisture-desperate townsfolk that he can make it rain.
The musical's heartbreaking ballads and vivid ensemble numbers come to life on a 320-square-foot stage in Hale Center's intimate 300-seat theater in the round. McDonald and Swenson are donating their time, talents, and rare collections of art painted by famous minor-league baseball players for this limited-engagement performance, which is also a fundraiser for the Hale Center Foundation for the Arts and Education.
Hale Center Theater Orem and the production 110 in the Shade were featured in the Salt Lake Tribune and Deseret News. Four Yelpers give Hale Center Theater Orem five stars, and six Insider Pagers give the theater an average of four stars:
- Hale Center theater is a small theater located in Orem, Utah. I have enjoyed going there on several occasions. They really interact with the audience and always have great plays there. Would recommend. – Jaime Y., Insider Pages
- This place always entertains. We went even to some shows we had never heard of and were pleasantly surprised. – Gerrit v., Yelp
- The theatre has seating that surrounds the stage so each seat is good, and the actors use the space well so no matter where you're sitting you don't ever feel like you're behind the action. – Ryan R., Yelp
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 11, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Reservation required, subject to availability. No children under 4 or babies in arms. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.