Choose Between Two Options
- $15 for $25 worth of scratch-made American food for two or more
- $29 for $50 worth of scratch-made American food for four or more
- Click to see the menu.
Judge Café & Grill
Judge Café & Grill serves an eclectic menu from an equally eclectic location: the ground floor of the vintage Judge Building. Here, made-from-scratch American comfort foods like buttermilk pancakes and barbecue pulled-pork sandwiches are served alongside internationally inspired dishes such as chilaquiles and Italian-style pasta salad. Then there are the fresh-baked desserts, which are so popular they helped the café earn the title of Best Morning Sugar Rush in City Weekly's Best of Utah 2015 edition. Read on to learn more about this local landmark's history and cuisine:
A Historic Home
Judge Café & Grill's name is a nod to its home in the historic Judge Building. In 1906, Mary Judge commissioned internationally renowned architect David C. Dart to build the structure. Although it's continually being upgraded, the interior still features elegant touches, such as a copper cornice and colorful ceramic tiles, that harken back to the building's origins.
- Biscuits and gravy: Chefs smother their flaky buttermilk biscuits with homemade chipotle gravy.
- Meatloaf: This hearty combination of beef and pork is served with classic sides of mashed potatoes, vegetables, and gravy.
- Enchiladas: Tomatillo sauce spices up these tortillas stuffed with chicken and green chilies, and mexican rice salad, homemade tortilla chips, and salsa round out the meal.
- Triple-chocolate brownie: This fresh, homemade dessert is a chocolate-lover's dream, featuring both chocolate chips and a creamy chocolate frosting.