What You Get
- $40 for $50 worth of Afghan cuisine for dinner
- Click here to see the full menu.
How It Works
Reservations may only be made at times available on Groupon. You may select “Buy & Book” to book at purchase, or book later by following these steps:
- Purchase deal
- Visit “My Groupons” or tap the mobile app to make a reservation
- Select day and time online to secure reservation
- Show up for your reservation and mention your name and the word “Groupon” to the host—they’ll be waiting to welcome you.
Kabul Afghan Cuisine
Moving to the Seattle area in 1981 was a natural choice for Wali Khairzada. The region's snow-capped mountains reminded him of his home in Afghanistan, which he had left nearly 10 years earlier. In 1992, he got a chance to bring his old and new homes a bit closer together by managing a new Afghan restaurant in his adopted hometown. Today, Khairzada is the sole owner of Kabul Afghan Cuisine, whose menu of richly spiced dishes reflects the nostalgic flavors of his childhood.
An Eclectic, International Cuisine
A crossroads along the historic Silk Road, Afghanistan was long a melting pot for different cuisines. Traders from central Asia, Europe, and the Middle East brought with them a melange of spices and culinary styles whose influence is readily apparent in present-day Afghan cooking. Here are a few examples from Kabul Afghan Cuisine's menu:
- Quorma-i sabzi—a saffron-laced vegetarian stew that recalls Indian curries
- Kebab murgh—a Middle Eastern–style chicken kebab marinated in yogurt
- Ashak—a stuffed pasta reminiscent of East Asian dumplings
From the Press
- "Inviting aromas and the sounds of sitar (often live) greet diners at this delightful storefront restaurant from owner Wali Khairzada."—Gayot
- Menu received a score of "very good to excellent"—Zagat
- "Yes, vegetarians are uncommonly well served here, but meat dishes shine, like the savory kebab murgh, a chicken filet marinated deeply in yogurt, garlic, turmeric, and a hint of cayenne pepper."—Seattle Met
2301 N 45th St.
Seattle, WA 98103