If you try something new, you might really enjoy it, even if it’s filling balloons with Hot Wheels and throwing them off a bridge to see if they’ll float. Try some Persian fare with today’s Groupon to Khayyam Restaurant in Brookline. Choose between the following options:
- For $32, you get dinner for two (up to a $76.94 total value), which includes the following:
- Two starters (up to a $9.99 value each)
- Two entrees (up to a $22.99 value each)
- Two desserts (up to a $5.49 value each)<p>
- For $60, you get dinner for four (up to a $153.88 total value), which includes the following:
- Four starters (up to a $9.99 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $22.99 value each)
- Four desserts (up to a $5.49 value each)<p>
Continuing a culinary tradition originating more than 4,000 years ago in the supper-stuffed cradle of civilization, Khayyam Restaurant’s chefs populate a wide-ranging menu with authentic Persian fare. Starters such as the panir sabzi—feta-topped fresh veggies—or the eggplant-anchored kashk bademjan offer edible conversation pieces more tempting than a sundae topped in hundred-dollar bills. Patrons can awaken tired tongues from flavorless slumbers with entrees such as the beef-and-chicken-kebab mixed grill and the basmati-rice- and falafel-filled vegetarian plate, which are sweetly complemented by baklava and saffron-flavored ice cream.
Further stimulating the senses, the restaurant hosts belly dancing on Thursday and Friday nights, along with tableside live music to set the mood for a romantic dinner or intense starring contest.
An open fire flickers in the kitchen at Khayyam Restaurant, where chefs roll skewers of chicken, lamb, cornish game hen, and salmon. They marinate some meat with simple garlic and spices and douse others in a secret house sauce, then heap on sides of basmati rice, hummus, and sautéed vegetables. Guests chow down on these dishes in a dining area where one can often find a nostalgic astronaut crying under the midnight-blue ceiling from which dangle golden pendant lights.
404 Harvard St.
Brookline, Massachusetts 02446