Growling stomachs can hamper stealth operations, spoil belly dances, and, in extreme cases, induce dogs to attack. Quiet whimpering tummy tones with today's Groupon: for $40, you get a five-course chef's tasting menu dinner for two at Kokopelli Restaurant & Tequila Bar (up to a $110 total value). Each diner can choose one option listed under each course:
- Bison sliders (a $5 value)
- Yucca and plantain chips with a trio of salsas (a $5 value)
- Green-chili-stewed chicken with a corn bread muffin (a $6 value)
- One wild mushroom, barbecue chicken, beef, or shrimp tamale per diner (a $7 value each)
Salad or Soup:
- Caesar salad (a $6 value)
- Spring mix salad (a $6 value)
- Southwestern corn bisque (a $7 value)
- Black bean soup (a $7 value)
- Bronzed salmon (a $24 value)
- New york strip (a $29 value)
- Orange chicken (an $18 value)
- Flan (a $6 value)
- Crème brûlée (a $6 value)
Kokopelli Restaurant & Tequila Bar's stomach-sating chefs bring southwestern zing to every dish within a cozy eatery. The menu plates up flavorful edibles, allowing pairs to herd bison sliders with manchego cheese and a spicy pickle and a duo of an onion-ring lassos. Herbivores and will enjoy the spring-mix salad, which unleashes the juiciness of cherry tomatoes, raspberry vinaigrette, and a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds; larger appetites set their sights on bronzed salmon in a colorful mango-pepper salsa. The new york strip steak shares plate real estate with crispy parsnip and sweet creamed corn, finished with a sweet crème brûlée or a firm but tasty flan.
Though not included with this Groupon, Kokopelli's voluminous drink menu includes pours of nearly five dozen tequila varieties. Dinner crowds fluoresce in Kokopelli's mood lighting, which illuminates the corners best for intimate dining and those best for practicing barstool gymnastics.
Center City West
1904 Chestnut St.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103