Wine and fine food is a matched pair, like Cagney and Lacey or Wayne Gretzky and the only thing people remember about hockey. Slapstick your face with flavor using today’s Groupon to Kozmo Gastro Pub, located in Alpharetta. Choose between the following options:
- For $29, you get a Quick Fixes wine-and-food pairing for two (up to a $66 total value), which includes the following:
- Two flights of premium wine, each including three 3-ounce samples (an $18 value each)
- Two snacks (up to a $12 value each)
- One dessert (a $6 value)<p>
- For $55, you get a Quick Fixes wine-and-food pairing for four (up to a $132 total value), which includes the following:
- Four flights of premium wine, each including three 3-ounce samples (an $18 value each)
- Four snacks (up to a $12 value each)
- Two desserts (a $6 value each)
At Kozmo Gastro Pub, chefs slide contemporary twists and upscale ingredients onto a menu of pub fare that handily pairs with a bountiful wine selection. Wine flights crash-land onto tables with three 3-ounce samples in tow, and sippers can choose winemakers such as Charles Krug among an extensive cache of California cabernets. A smattering of snacks, such as parmesan truffled tempura mushrooms, gussies up classic pub fare with elegant ensembles, much like french-fry-size cummerbunds. Toasted ciabatta bread submerges in cheese fondue, which unites blue cheese, white cheddar, and mozzarella in melted harmony, and capers and red onions swirl into house-smoked salmon dip. Rum-glazed pineapple upside-down cake caps off the experience and calms jittery sweet teeth. Inside the dining area, tall silver chairs huddle under a glossy black bar, and white and beige walls contrast against dangling lights and booths as black as the night sky’s sense of humor.
Kozmo Gastro Pub
After nearly 20 years in the restaurant business, Oswald Morgan gambled his career, finances, and reputation on Kozmo Gastro Pub. After years developing and working in swanky restaurants such as The Globe, Oswald had the notion that a restaurant with the right combination of creative cuisine and vivacious atmosphere could lure adventurous diners through its doors—even if it resided in the suburbs. The hopeful restaurateur worked to make Kozmo in the image of metropolitan eateries, outfitting the dining room with a slick and airy wall of windows and bar-height tables coupled with brushed-aluminum chairs. Perched at their seats, diners can sip from the extensive list of beer and cocktails or share small plates of immaculately presented duck confit or risotto balls as they people-watch and toast their reflections for their impeccable style.
11890 Douglas Rd.
Alpharetta, Georgia 30005