Like crayons, chocolate comes in many shades and tastes better when unwrapped before consuming. Scribble out cocoa cravings with today’s Groupon to Leonidas Cafe Chocolaterie, with locations in Wilmette and Chicago. Choose between the following options:
- For $13, you get a chocolate-and-latte tasting for two (a $27.72 total value, including tax) that includes the following:
- One medium peppermint mocha latte per person (a $4.50 value each)
- Six chocolates per person (a $1.35 value each)<p>
- For $24, you get a chocolate-and-wine tasting for two at the Wilmette location (a $53.02 total value, including tax) that includes the following:
- Two glasses of Rothschild Cadet d’Oc red wine or French white wine per person (an $8 value each)
- Six chocolates per person (a $1.35 value each)
Leonidas Cafe Chocolaterie teases tongues with ambrosial sips and a variety of Belgian-style bonbons, each enrobed in pure cocoa butter and studded with premium nuts and fruits from France, Italy, and Turkey. A classic truffle, a coconut-dusted truffle, and a hazelnut praline team up to serenade sweet teeth with a melody sure to replace “The Oompa-Loompa Shuffle” at the top of the candy charts. Go bite-for-bite with a friend or date as six preselected Leonidas classics are allotted per taster, including the Manon Blanc, a coffee-flavored butter-cream delicacy dunked in white chocolate. Nibblers sink their teeth into the rich caramel filling of the Bretagne Dark treat, or release the orange-blossom ganache from its panic room made of dark chocolate. Creamy peppermint mocha lattes warm up chilly insides, and a glass of Rothschild Cadet d’Oc red wine or French white wine scoot down esophageal slides for a smooth finish.
Leonidas Chocolate Café
Founded in 1913, Leonidas produces more than 100 kinds of Belgian chocolates and disseminates them to sweet teeth the world over. Inside the cozy Chocolate Café, hot-chocolate beverages are sold alongside solid chocolate callettes, each made in accordance with traditional methods from 100 percent pure cocoa butter, fresh butter, and fresh cream. Leonidas's chefs create additional treats with hazelnuts from Turkey, morello cherries from the Périgord, and walnuts from Grenoble, with items available in-store and online. The staff encourages decadence and serves an assortment of fresh truffles such as the perle coco, which is forged with milk-chocolate ganache and coconut flakes.