Eggs, the character actors of breakfast fare, remain compelling whether they’re scrambled, poached, or dyed green to truly inhabit their role opposite ham in the next Dr. Seuss movie adaptation. Eat them here or there with today’s Groupon to Moonstruck Food & Entertainment in South Elgin. Choose between the following options:
- For $16, you get breakfast for two (up to a $32.74 value). The breakfast includes:
- Two entrees (up to a $10.69 value each)
- Two glasses of fresh-squeezed juice (a $3.29 value each)
- Two cups of organic coffee (a $2.39 value each)<p>
- For $30, you get breakfast for four (up to a $65.48 value). The breakfast includes:
- Four entrees (up to a $10.69 value each)
- Four glasses of fresh-squeezed juice (a $3.29 value each)
- Four cups of organic coffee (a $2.39 value each)
Amid the cream and chocolate hues of the 1920s, Moonstruck Food & Entertainment hearkens back to a simpler era with a menu of inventive breakfast dishes wrought from local and organic ingredients. In the surf-and-turf eggs benedict, two slices of english muffin call for order as skirt steak vies against succulent crabmeat for the affections of impassive poached eggs. The veracruz super omelet unites zesty chorizo, jalapeño slices, and cheddar cheese within a buttery egg blanket, and a variety of waffles infused with bacon, caramel-coated green apples, or chocolate brownie pieces fills sunrise excursions with decadence. Purveyors of potables squeeze juice and political secrets from blood oranges, tangerines, grapefruits, and pineapples for fresh breakfast pairings, and the earthy aroma of freshly roasted organic beans precedes invigorating cups of coffee.
Moonstruck’s expansive windows pour sunlight over glossy wood floors and starched white tablecloths to satiate potted plants begging for scraps. The brick-accented walls display advertisements and framed portraits of silver-screen stars from a bygone era as brown and ocher tones reflect against the gilded finish of chandeliers above.