Within the immense depths of the oceans live some of the world's most intriguing species—the Antarctic sea-gorilla, the Mediterranean fighting cactus, and the 1975 Ford Tempo that purrs like an octopus. Mingle with aquatic marvels at comfortable altitudes with today's Groupon to Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium in Sarasota. Choose from the following yearlong membership options:
- For $25, you get a one-year duo membership, which includes unlimited admission for you and one guest (a $50 value).
- For $45, you get a one-year friend membership, which includes unlimited admission for you and three guests (a $90 value).
- For $62, you get a one-year sponsor membership, which includes unlimited admission for you and five guests (a $125 value).
- For $150, you get a one-year sustaining membership, which includes unlimited admission for you and seven guests (a $300 value).
More than 100 marine species await curious land dwellers at Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium, where children and adults alike can explore the world's salty soup ingredients via touch pools, viewable working labs, and high-tech interactive exhibits. Visitors can wrap their wide eyes around shark training sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, or stop by any day to lend moral support to ancient species of sea turtles that have outlived dinosaurs and boy bands but face many modern threats. Behold the impressive intelligence of Moonshine and Harley, Mote's two resident dolphins and winners of the Nobel Prize in Napkin Literature. In addition to unlimited admission, membership benefits include free or reduced admission to more than 100 zoos, aquariums, and gardens across the nation, discounts at the Mote gift shop and for education programs, a subscription to Mote's e-newsletter and Mote Magazine, and more.
Frommer’s Very Highly Recommends Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium. It was named an Editors’ Pick by 10Best, and TripAdvisors give it an average of four stars. Yahoo! Travelers award it an average of 4.5 stars:
- We spent the afternoon at Mote Marine and enjoyed every minute of it. From seeing the eel, sea horses, manatees and the sharks to everything else in between. This is a must do place when visiting Sarasota. I could go back over and over. – Ohio_Girl1, TripAdvisor
- Sarasota's Mote Aquarium is actually an open-to-the-public research facility. A visit here is an excellent opportunity to get up close and personal with stingrays, sea horses, manatees, and the occasional shark. –10Best
1600 Ken Thompson Pkwy.
Sarasota, Florida 34236Get Directions