- 25-mile journey on an antique train
- Delicious gourmet lunch or dinner menu
- Wonderful sightseeing of the Napa Valley
- Uncommon dining opportunity
About This Deal
Jump to: Reviews | The Advantages of Trains
Now that eating on an ordinary table or atop a stack of Chinese acrobats seem horribly passé, adventurous foodies are seeking the next unconventional dining experience. Today's Groupon puts a little motion under your meal with two gourmet dinners on the Napa Valley Wine Train for $99 (a $198 value for dinner, $188 value for lunch). Treat yourself and a loved one to a three-hour ride through Napa Valley on an antique locomotive engine, accompanied by a delicious gourmet meal in lieu of the traditional mysterious murder.
Served inside a handsome and cozy rail car, the train's seasonal gourmet dinner menu comes with an hors d'oeuvre plate, soup or salad, an intermezzo of harlequin sorbet, and then your choice of entree. Pick from beef tenderloin, roasted chicken, grilled pork tenderloin, and fresh seafood, which can all be paired with a well-suited wine for an additional cost. Your train will pass through vineyards just like the ones on your wine bottle as you travel along 25 miles of fortified train track from McKinstry Street Station to St. Helena and back. If you only ride trains in the daytime due to a pathological fear of Hitchcockian train-related suspense and lady-vanishings, this deal is good for the gourmet lunch as well, which maintains the same scenery with a slightly modified menu.
Everyone can buy up to two Groupons, so treat a few friends or take two separate train voyages and pretend you're traveling backward through time when your train starts heading back to McKinstry Station.
Not valid for special events, Valentine's Day, New Year's, Fourth of July, or Mother’s Day.
- Dinner was quite good - with some new things for us to enjoy. The service was very good. Wine on the tail balcony of moving the train was memorable. – SteveJames_in_SC
- The staff was awesome and the food was excellent. When visiting the Napa area from the East Coast we will be back again and again – JDSKY