All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Before fishermen discovered the edibility of fish, they used each catch as bait for larger species, hoping in the end to hook the biggest fish of all—friendship. Reel in meals with today's Groupon to Northern Lakes Seafood Company in Bloomfield Hills. Choose from the following options:
- For $38, you get a three-course meal for two (a $76 value), which includes:
- Two soups or salads (up to an $8 value each)
- Two entrees, with a choice of Peruvian tilapia, seared scallops, pan-roasted chicken, or chef's vegetarian selection (up to a $21 value each)
- Any two desserts (up to a $9 value each)
- For $72, you get a three-course meal for four (a $152 value), which includes:
- Four soups or salads (up to an $8 value each)
- Four entrees, with a choice of Peruvian tilapia, seared scallops, pan-roasted chicken, or chef's vegetarian selection (up to a $21 value each)
- Any four desserts (up to a $9 value each)
- For $20, you get $40 worth of any cuisine and drinks on the menu during dinner. Dinner is served from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday–Friday, 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday, and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday.
Chef Travis Waynick of Northern Lakes Seafood Company carefully curates a menu of fresh fish and seafood in a nautical-themed environment. Duos and quartets of diners embark on aquatic journeys with cups of creamy lobster bisque or clam chowder, or declare herbivorous allegiance with the house, caesar, or iceberg-lettuce salads. All fresh catches, including the Peruvian tilapia, are prepared grilled, broiled, blackened, baked, steamed, sautéed, or buttermilk-fried. Seared scallops sashay to tables, and pan-roasted chicken cuddles with spaetzle and grain-mustard jus lie sauce as a vegetable side watches from the stairway. Reward bellies with sweet slabs of key-lime cheesecake, pumpkin-bread pudding with black-walnut ice cream, or crème brûlée with seasonal fresh fruit.
Northern Lakes also offers a variety of wines by the glass ($5.50+), specialty cocktails ($10+), scotch (10+), and imported and domestic beers ($4). Diners and half-horrified mermaids relax in plush burgundy booths as octopus-orb chandeliers bathe the dining room in soft light.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Nov 30, 2011. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 2 additional as gifts. Limit 1 per table. Valid only for option purchased. Dine-in only. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Northern Lakes Seafood
A mermaid basks in the warm glow of track lighting, reaching to embrace a starfish as onlookers point and stare. This maritime beauty lives on a large mural inside Northern Lakes Seafood. She’s just one way the restaurant—voted Best Seafood Restaurant in Oakland County by Detroit Metro Times—celebrates the ocean’s many wonders.
In addition to a vast selection of seafood, Northern Lakes Seafood serves ribeye steak, chicken and waffles, house-made pasta, and kobe burgers. Fresh fish and shellfish arrive daily from Boston, Hawaii, Florida, and the Great Lakes each day, landing in the kitchen, where chefs broil, grill, and sauté them and drizzle on gourmet sauces such as beurre blanc and béarnaise. To ensure that the fish is fresher than a mint-flavored iceberg, the chefs revise the menu each day, highlighting the newest catch available. In the lounge, guests can sip signature martinis and explore an oyster bar brimming with specimens from the East and West Coasts. The dining room teems with elegant decor such as ornate chandeliers, old-fashioned ceiling tiles, and burgundy carpet that matches the cabernets in the eatery’s wine library, which has won an award from Wine Spectator.