During the class, participants are introduced to the art of glassblowing and have the opportunity to create their own unique object
About This Deal
Participants can earn the basics of glass blowing and make a glass-blown work of art
Lampworking is a type of glassblowing using a very hot torch to manipulate rods of glass into beads, marbles, and other smaller items.
Younger than 18 must be accompanied by guardian
Click here to view Ohio City Glass’s other offer for beginner’s pottery classes.
#####Ohio City Glass’s COVID-19 Precautions
- Group workshops of no more than four people but with increased social distancing
- Mandatory masks while in the building whenever possible
- Staff will be checking body temperatures with a touch-free IR sensor and those presenting symptoms of COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Enhanced sanitation procedures- sanitized extension tubes, sanitized commonly touched surfaces, areas, or tools
- Note that state and local guidelines are changing regularly. Please check Ohio City Glasss website or contact them for their latest guidelines.
About Ohio City Glass
With the aid of a furnace, blowpipe and punty, molten glass is ready to be bent into a huge variety of shapes or blown up like a super hot balloon. At Ohio City Glass, classes teach amateurs how to perform these artistic feats. Teacher Daniel Miller helps beginners every step of the way, showing them how to use glassblowing tools and how to manipulate the glass to bring their ideas to fruition. By building a foundation, students can create glass sculptures from spherical ornaments to bowls, vases, and drinking glasses.