Like tinsel, guitar solos, and incriminating legal papers, sauerkraut is best finely shredded. Enjoy this slivered specialty of the Old World with today’s Groupon to Old Europe in Folsom. Choose from the following options:
- For $69, you get an upscale German feast for four (up to a $150 value). The meal includes:
- Any appetizer (up to a $10 value)
- Four garden or caesar salads (up to a $9 value each)
- Any four entrees (up to a $26 value each)<p>
- For $22, you get $45 worth of upscale German fare for dinner.
- For $15, you get $30 worth of upscale German fare for lunch.
Old Europe’s gustatory guru Chef Tomas adapts Old World flavors for a modern dinner and lunch menu of hefty traditional German and European dishes, earning kudos from MyFolsom as the Best Restaurant of 2010. Beneath the white ceiling’s exposed wooden beams, a weekend accordion player serenades diners as they nibble at appetizers such as the grilled bratwurst sampler—served with kraut, horseradish, and mustard—and spear forks or medieval tridents into fresh garden or caesar salads. The original veal goulash entree stews its flavorful, tender meat in a paprika and garlic sauce, whereas a half duck is slow-roasted to perfection as its unused 50% sits elsewhere sadly assessing its flaws. An outdoor patio provides a taste of fresh air and sunlight for diners, whereas late-night hours divert hungry night owls on their flight home.
825 Sutter St.
Folsom, California 95630