Like tinsel, guitar solos, and incriminating legal papers, sauerkraut is best finely shredded. Enjoy this slivered specialty of the Old World with today's Groupon: for $5, you get two one-day admissions to Choctaw Oktoberfest hosted by Old Germany Restaurant in Choctaw (a $10 value). Oktoberfest will be held on the following dates and times:
- Weekend 1:
- Friday, September 2, from 5 p.m. to midnight
- Saturday, September 3, from noon to midnight
- Sunday, September 4, from noon to midnight
- Weekend 2:
- Wednesday, September 7, from 5 p.m. to midnight
- Thursday, September 8, from 5 p.m. to midnight
- Friday, September 9, from noon to midnight
- Saturday, September 10, from noon to midnight
Set amid the sprawling 160 acres of Choctaw Creek Park, the 2011 Old Germany Oktoberfest celebrates all things Bavarian with tents and pavilions serving rippchen (smoked pork chops), bratwurst, schnitzel sandwiches, schweinshaxen, nd apple strudel baked by Rip Van Winkle. The seven-day festival expects to host roughly 40,000 lederhosen-clad celebrants and will feature the polka-powered musical stylings of Alpen Musikanten, Alpenfest, Das ist Lustig, U4, and the Walburg Boys, best known for lighting their clarinets on fire after a blistering show. Children 12 and under receive free admission and are encouraged to draw their family's coat of arms on their companions' faces in Bavarian cream.
1900 Harper Rd.
Choctaw, Oklahoma 73020Get Directions