Eating international fare locally eliminates the woes associated with transatlantic travel, such as jet lag and oar splinters. Stamp your palate’s passport with today’s Groupon to Piolyn Jr. Restaurant in East Hartford.
$10 for $20 Worth of Peruvian fare and drinks
- The menu includes the following:
- Pollo a la brasa, whole rotisserie chicken ($14.99)
- Arroz con mariscos, Peruvian-style seafood in fried rice ($13.99)
- Bistek a lo pobre, beef steak with fried eggs and fried bananas ($15.50)
- Peruvian wines ($21/bottle)
- A dozen seafood specialties<p>
Piolin Jr Restaurant
Piolin Jr Restaurant beckons patrons to try a taste of Peru with house specialties that incorporate authentic ingredients. Chefs at the family-friendly restaurant specialize in preparations of meat that stick to diners' ribs without adhesive and include grilled steaks and veal hearts, rotisserie chickens, stewed goat, and deep-fried fish. Entrees can pair with a bottle of Peruvian wine or a half-pitcher of chicha morada, a traditional beverage made from the juice of purple corn.