Star Certified smog check technicians perform state-required biennial smog checks that measure the amount & type of pollutants vehicles emit
About This Deal
- Smog checks are designed to measure the amount and type of pollutants vehicles are emitting. A smog check may include any of the following tests:
- Visual inspection of emission control components and systems
- Functional inspection of the vehicle’s check engine light, ignition timing, exhaust gas recirculation system, fuel evaporative system, and gas cap
- Functional inspection of the vehicle’s On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system
- Tailpipe emissions inspection
- Vehicle restrictions:
- Not valid for vehicles that are 1999 or older.
- Not valid for motorhomes, inspection trucks, inspection vans, inspection RVs, trucks, vans, diesel trucks, or pickup trucks with a gross vehicle weight greater than 8,500 lbs.
- This is a Test-Only station licensed by the BAR only to perform Smog Checks. They are not authorized to diagnose the reasons for a Smog Check failure, or perform repairs on vehicles.
- “Free retest” is valid only for the cars that are 2000 and newer.
- Required additional fees: $8.25 CA certification fee and $1.75 ETF
- Coupon will be redeemed by our technician prior to starting work
- $1.75 ETF transmission fee will be collected after test pass or fail
- $8.25 CA Certificate fee will be collected only when you pass
- Not combinable with any other deal
Need To Know
About San Juan Auto Smog
Located in Fair Oaks, San Juan Auto Smog is a woman owned STAR-Certified Test-Only Smog Check Station performing smog inspections for all types of vehicles (cars, trucks, vans, RV's and even diesel and hybrids).