All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
March 27, 2013
September 16, 2012
What You'll Get
Choose from Three Options
$11 for admission for four ($20 value)
$25 for a one-year Individual membership ($50 value)
- 12 months of free admission with unlimited guests
- Subscription to the monthly museum newsletter, Historical Happenings, and the historical journal, La Peninsula
- Discounts at the museum store and on museum rentals, classes, and workshops
- Invitations to members-only events
$100 for a one-year Archivist membership ($250 value)
- Everything in the above Individual membership
- Free admission to hundreds of museums nationwide through NARM and Time Travelers
- Private docent-led tour of the museum for eight guests
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 120 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as gift. Must activate by the expiration date on your Groupon, membership expires 1 year from activation date. Valid only for option purchased. New members only. Must use promotional value of 4-person visit in 1 visit. Membership cardholder must be present in order for guests to be admitted. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About San Mateo County History Museum
Underneath the stately stained-glass dome of the 1910 Old County Courthouse, tourists, locals, and history buffs stuff their brains with knowledge from interactive kiosks and thousands of books and primary sources about San Mateo County. Hands-on school programs and a wealth of exhibits educate visitors on particular aspects of the region's heritage, including the natural resources that enrich the shores and forests, and the waves of pioneers who used local raw materials to support the growth of not only San Mateo County, but San Francisco as well. The museum’s curators and archivists pride themselves on their professionalism, nabbing a coveted accreditation by the American Association of Museums, an honor claimed by only a small percentage of the nation’s museums.