Professional glass blowers teach students to craft their own unique ornaments or paperweights during daily classes
About This Deal
- During a 20-30 minute per student class, students work closely with a professional glassblower to learn the basic techniques of the trade, including forming and shaping glass with tools and adding colors.
- The class includes all materials needed to make the student’s choice of a paperweight or ornament.
- Students’ projects will be cool enough to take home 24–48 hours after the class.
#####Seattle Glassblowing Studio & Gallery’s COVID-19 Precautions
- Hands-on activities have been temporarily suspended
- The office is still available via email and phone for scheduling once activities resume.
- Curbside pickup available (by appointment)
- Note that state and local guidelines are changing regularly. Please check Seattle Glassblowing Studio & Gallery’s website or contact them for their latest guidelines.
Need To Know
About Seattle Glassblowing Studio & Gallery
The craft masters at Seattle Glassblowing Studio & Gallery guide pupils to artistic bliss by expounding on a spectrum of steps needed to create intricate pieces. Whether taking a "Blow Your Own Glass" class or forming a clique in a one- to three-person private class, students turn provided materials into bowls, cups, and decorative piles of glass shards. Professional glass wielders safely impart etiquette and basic techniques such as gathering glass on a rod and shaping it into colorful geometric forms.
The shop's instructors also offer their own artistic services, including custom commissions such as functional lighting and installation pieces. Damaged glass heirlooms undergo repairs in the cold-working shop, where artisans restore shattered pieces and polish away dullness left behind by covetous pawing.