All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
- USPA-rated instructors teach the basics of skydiving physics and techniques during a 20- to 30-minute ground-school lesson.
- They then fit participants with a jump suit and a harness, and explain the basics of the free-fall body position.
- During the flight to 13,000 feet, instructors field questions about skydiving mechanics, the history of the sport, and the best shoes for air walking.
- Once the plane reaches jumping altitude, instructors and students strap into Sigma tandem-diving rigs, plunge from the plane’s open door, and reach speeds up to 120 miles per hour.
- Instructors pull the parachute cord and work with students to control it on the slow canopy flight to the ground.
Groupon users also receive 10% off video packages and can apply their time toward a skydiving license.
- Weight restrictions: Special conditions apply if you are over 200lb.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires 180 days after purchase. Amount paid never expires. 24-hr cancellation notice or $50 rescheduling fee applies. special conditions apply if you are over 200 lbs. Individuals taking prescription drugs or having a recent injury or illness that would require a doctor's evaluation, must have a doctor's certificate stating that no adverse effects would result from vigorous activity or making a skydive. Reservation required. Subject to availability. Must sign waiver. Limit 1 per person, may buy 10 additional as gift(s). May be repurchased every 30 days. Limit 1 per visit. Voucher is non-transferable. Must be 18 or older. 225 lbs. max weight. Not valid with other offers or promotions. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services. Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.
About Skydive Sacramento
Air rushes past you at 120 miles per hour while the California countryside unfolds thousands of feet below. Blue sky and empty space surround you, and the voice of your U.S. Parachute Association–rated instructor is the only sound you can hear above the wind. At 4,500 feet, the instructor pulls the parachute cord, and the two of you gently drift down to land in 32 acres of open, unobstructed grass. This is what divers experience during tandem skydives or jumps as a part of the Accelerated Freefall program at Skydive Sacramento.
Pilots at the helm of a 15-passenger King Air twin turbine, a four-passenger Cessna 182, or a five-passenger Cessna 206 take students to altitudes of up to 13,000 in as few as 15 minutes. Fitted securely with harnesses and chutes, participants can ask their diving instructor questions about the sport before plunging from the plane in a hands-on free fall and canopy flight, during which they learn steering and hot-air-balloon-avoidance tactics. Though the instructors cater to first-time divers, they also coach more experienced students toward their skydiving license. Instructors, many with 2,000 dives under their belt, also teach students to land in a main grass landing area or a high-performance area with swoop pond.