All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
The term “horsepower” comes from the chant that horses used to shout at engineers working on the newfangled railway system. Befriend trailblazing stallions and mares with today's Groupon to Sombrero Ranches in Estes Park. Choose from the following options:
- For $35, you get a one-hour guided trail ride for two (a $70 value).
- For $45, you get a two-hour guided trail ride for two (a $100 value).
- For $70, you get a one-hour guided trail ride for four (a $140 value).
- For $90, you get a two-hour guided trail ride for four (a $200 value).
Nestled in a pastoral mountain community set betwixt two mountains, Sombrero Ranches has welcomed equine-topper amblers to traverse the tranquil trails of this 1,000-acre ranch since 1958. After saddling up atop one of the ranch's gentle steeds, groups of two or four are led on the private paths by a knowledgeable guide well-versed in every twist, turn, and pastoral on-ramp. Sweeping mountain vistas, verdant forests, and scattered wildlife including deer, bobcats, and longhorn cattle await explorers and their equine companions, who retain the coolness of a hoofed cucumber as their riders "ooh" and "aah" uncontrollably at the surrounding sights.
The one-hour outing provides a great introduction to horseback riding and the surrounding scenery, and the two-hour journey ventures further into the mountains, affording riders spectacular views of the Great Divide and Roosevelt National Forest. All of Sombrero Ranches' horses are carefully trained to suit riders of all experience levels, and the guides painstakingly pair each horse and rider based on riding skill, temperament, and taste in foreign films.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 2, 2012. Amount paid never expires. Limit 1 per person, may buy 1 additional as a gift. Valid only for option purchased. Subject to availability. 24hr cancellation notice required. 300lb weight max. Must sign waiver. Subject to weather. Valid only at Estes Park location. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Sombrero Stables
Sombrero Stables offers city slickers and veteran cowboys alike a chance to unwind in the heart of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- How it all started: when 11 year old Rex Walker visited Colorado for the first time and knew he'd come back to build his dream ranch
- When it all started: It would be over a decade until Rex fulfilled his childhood dream, but in 1958, along with his brother-in-law Pat, they bought 16 horses and the rest is history.
- What you will find at Sombrero: After 50 years in the business, the Walker family has fine tuned their experiences, accommodating riders of all levels with trail ride around pristine lakes and majestic mountains that last from one to eight hours.