$169 for a one-day aviation camp for one child aged 6–15 ($350 value)
- Flight in a World War II C-47
- Tour of the Fort Worth Aviation Museum
- Tour of the Vintage Flight Museum
- Tour of Meacham Air Traffic Control Tower
- New remote-controlled helicopter with instructions to take home
- Lunch and drinks are included
Camp runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Choose a camp date on a weekday between May 26 and July 3.
Southern Cross C-47
Originally a TWA aircraft, the Southern Cross Douglas C-47 was adopted by the Army Air Corps to shuttle troops to the front. The twin-propeller plane survived World War II and in the ensuing years underwent a series of makeovers. Its career includes years spent as a reliable set of wings for Delta Air Lines, a troupe of skydiving enthusiasts, and at least one head of state. The C-47 is now meticulously restored to its original WWII-era condition and in the dutiful care of Greatest Generation Aircraft, a nonprofit organization that introduces 21st-century crowds to the C-47 during rides and aerial shows.