All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
November 11, 2012
· 5 days ago
· 5 days ago
What You'll Get
Now that you’ve polished off the leftovers and reburied the fine china, today’s Groupon challenges you to tackle turkeys of a sportier flavor. For $19, you’ll get three games of bowling, plus shoe rental and a four-hour game pass at Strikz Entertainment.
This entertainment emporium has options for fun seekers of all skill sets. Ball tossers will appreciate Strikz’s 32 slick lanes. Gamers can get lost in the arcade, which features a treasure trove of 100 thumb-pumping selections (including vintage gems such as Pac-Man, Invaders, and Darryl Strawberry's Tennis Experience). Your game pass also includes laser tag.
Strikz’ late hours (until midnight during the week and 1 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays) allow you to salvage a night soured by early-evening obligations to remove tartar from your neighbor's teeth. Get this Groupon for seasonal family bonding, to introduce your Wii-loving nephews to old-fashioned entertainment, or to play video games and still seem social.
- Strikz is the perfect place to take your kids and it also is a great family or friend outing. The bowling is so much fun. It will take you back to the good ole days of bowling!! – Kip W., Insider Pages
- This place can make anyone look cool! The bowling alleys have separate sound systems for parties on different sections, drop down screens for videos or games (like the cowboys) , arcade MECCA! – wendyyork, Citysearch
- We had our 5 year old sons birthday party at Strikz! It was awesome! We bowled, ate pizza and played games. The party host was great with the younger children and helped to serve the cake and pizza. – SteelerFan75034, Citysearch
Beginner's Guide to Videogame Trash-Talking
Excelling at competitive videogaming requires more than nimble thumbs, precision hand-eye coordination, and a willingness to sacrifice any dreams of becoming a father figure to a child with whom you once played basketball. It also demands deftness of verbal sparring with an opponent. Brush up on your videogame intimidations with some of the most common trash-talk phrases:
- I've seen better videogame players while looking into my neighbor's bedroom with a telescope that my parents bought me for my birthday.
- Did I ever tell you about the time that I was pretty sure that you would lose to me, but not by much, in a videogame that we were playing against each other? Probably not, because it hasn't happened yet, but probably will in the very near future.
- You don't intimidate me, unless you dress up like a clown and force-feed me candy apples wrapped in bacon.
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 7, 2010. Amount paid never expires. Groupon cannot be split between people. Not valid for prize/redemption games. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About Strikz Entertainment
Strikz Entertainment features everything groups need to entertain themselves, keeping the party alive until midnight or later with bowling, laser tag, billiards, complete food menu, arcade games, and a full bar. The center boasts 20 classic bowling lanes with computerized scoring and automatic bumpers along with meeting space for large group events. Twelve more lanes wait in the Rose Room, a boutique bowling lounge with a 25-foot projection screen, high-definition televisions, and cozy couches for people to sit in between frames. Upbeat music in the laser-tag arena gets pulses racing while casual gladiators prowl throughout the area's fog-filled corridors and blacklit wine cellars. A hundred games fill the arcade area, inviting guests to rest for a bit and test their reflexes with a round of skee-ball or Pac-Man.
In between matches, Strikz Entertainment refuels patrons with hearty servings of freshly made snacks such as seasoned hamburgers, pizzas, finger foods, and cocktails. Servers also drift throughout the space, providing lane-side service to guests and encouraging them to purchase United States savings bonds.