If foam noodles can be found floating on the surface of almost every pool, think how many perfectly salted meatballs must be at the bottom of the ocean. Discover the sea's sunken treats with today's Groupon from Sunsation Dive Charters. Both confined-open-water and open-water dives take place on weekends at the De Leon Springs State Park. Choose between the following options:
- For $60, you get a one-day PADI scuba review course with equipment rental (a $125 value), valid only for customers who already have scuba certification or are currently enrolled in a certification course.
- For $169, you get a two-day PADI open-water diver certification course (a $399 value), which includes:
- 6–12 hours of online (for a fee) or DVD training and testing
- Two days of confined-open-water and open-water dive training
- Dive gear and wetsuit rental
- Open-water certification card
Sunsation Dive Charters reveals a breathtaking underwater universe through PADI scuba training led by Platinum Pro5000 Diver John L. Russell. Open-water certification students will undergo 6–12 hours of initial instruction at home, either through DVD or online lessons (online lessons incur an additional $120 third-party fee) that cover scuba basics including first-aid training, equipment, and how to parallel park in flippers. Upon the successful completion of the course exam, classes of 2–10 pupils don provided scuba gear and wetsuits for two full days of dive training at De Leon Springs State Park, which includes supervised dives in both a confined-open-water area and open water. Underwater explorers who achieve the training objectives will receive an internationally recognized open-water certification card that entitles holders to diving rights in seas and Koi ponds worldwide.
A one-day scuba review course reinforces requisite skills for card-carrying divers or those currently enrolled in a scuba certification course. The session includes supervised confined-open-water and open-water dives and reviews pertinent safety information such as asking a dolphin to dial 911.