Today's Groupon reins in the tastes of Spain. For $15 you get $30 worth of cuisine and cocktails at Tasca Restaurant, a traditional Spanish restaurant that Boston Magazine calls “romantic" and "affordable,” and The American Association of Admiring Alliterative Analysis calls "really good."
Tasca's extensive menu features traditional small plates, priced to share ($3.95–$7.95). With your Groupon, you’ll be able to sample an assortment of authentic tapas. Try the garbanzo pesto flatbread weighed down with savory chunks of roasted Mediterranean vegetables, or the patatas bravas (golden cubes of potato drenched in spicy tomato sauce and garlic aioli). Main courses, all less than $20, include Spanish standards such as paella as well as plenty of beef, chicken, and seafood options.
This place is ripe for romance: warm lighting and candlelight, sensual strums from a live Spanish guitar player, and cozy booths offering the illusion of seclusion surround you. Spoon your sweetheart flan or throw back pitchers of potent sangria with your pals.
Boston Magazine, The Boston Globe and Digital City give Tasca’s small plates and sangria their seals of approval. Boston Magazine featured Tasca in its 2005 Best of Boston awards as a quiet gem:
- Far from the hubbub of the North End and the glitz of Back Bay, Brighton’s Tasca has found its way into the affections of couples seeking quiet, affordable romance. – Boston Magazine
- Immediately when you walk in you are transported to the athmosphere [sic] of one of those wonderful romantic restaurants in Granada. The food is tasty and great value, service always friendly and the sangria fruity with a little kick. – EoinRowe02127, Citysearch
- Tasca is the very best Spanish restaurant in Boston but it is far more! I've dined at many of the notable Tapas Restaurants on the East Coast - from Boston to Miami and none have ever eclipsed Tasca of Boston - delicate Spanish cuisine – hugochavez, Citysearch
- They have some of the best sangria around, a great menu, and friendly service. – Miriam L. Yelp
Conversation, For Starters
Sharing creates the illusion of caring, and tapas-style dining helps facilitate conversation by relying on interaction and discussion of shared dishes. But if you’re still having trouble breaking the ice, print this cheat-sheet of foolproof conversation starters, guaranteed to turn the shyest of wallflowers into social butterflies:
- “I saw the most fascinating book in the gutter on the way over here.”
- “Have you ever noticed how itchy it gets wearing a belt made of dynamite?”
- “I’m of the opinion that men and women are different from each other.”
- “I have 24 hours to live. Who wants to make intricate marionettes?”
Follow @Groupon_Says on Twitter.
Tasca Spanish Tapas Restaurant
At Tasca Spanish Tapas Restaurant, traditional Spanish seafood and braised meats converge in an intimate dining space illuminated by candlelight. The focal point of the eatery’s menu is its selection of 34 small plates, which feature cured ham, empanadas, and potato fritters, among other flavorful meats and veggies. Tapas and heftier entrees such as ossobucco and chicken stuffed with chorizo pair with Spanish wines and sangrias to create a better testament to Iberian cuisine than flamenco dancing in a vat of paella.
1612 Commonwealth Ave
Boston, Massachusetts 02135Get Directions