Like Mike Tyson, wine is usually robust, is often boxed, and should never influence tattooing decisions. Imbibe the spirit of a champion with today's Groupon to The Garden Restaurant in St. Petersburg. Choose between the following options:
- For $18, you get appetizers and drinks for two people (up to a $40 value), which includes the following:
- Two appetizers (up to a $10 value each)
- Two infused-spirit martinis or glasses of wine (up to a $10 value each)
- For $32, you get appetizers and drinks for four people (up to a $70 value), which includes the following:
- Three appetizers (up to a $10 value each)
- Four infused-spirit martinis or glasses of wine (up to a $10 value each)
Built in 1890 as one of St. Petersburg’s first hotels, The Garden Restaurant now dazzles diners with fresh Mediterranean fare, house-infused spirits, and live music. Noshers take a taste test-drive with appetizers such as char-grilled eggplant, which comes with fresh mozzarella and pesto, and crispy calamari, which, unlike a tennis ball, is best served lightly fried and golden brown. Pair a plate with infused cocktails featuring fresh, hand-picked fruits and veggies, tippling concoctions such as Jose Cuervo tequila packed with the essence of fresh peeled limes, Bloody Mary infused with tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno, and red peppers, or a martini powered by mango- and strawberry-infused Smirnoff vodka. Guests may also engage a sweetly smooth Italian pinot grigio or search for shipwrecked grapes within the swirling rouge depths of an Argentinian Navarro Correas malbec.
The vibrant, art-speckled restaurant and outdoor courtyard unfold chic settings for friendly sips, and the tendrils of live music swirl through the air. Popular trombonist and jazz legend Buster Cooper graces the cozy courtyard each Friday night, and live DJs spin records and gyros at the upstairs martini bar, The Lobby. Meanwhile, Jahfari performs live reggae on Sunday night, the Jeremy Thomas Band plays acoustic music on Wednesday nights, and Sunday brunch and lunch on Monday through Thursday features Sinatra-esque crooners in the courtyard.
University Park - South Downtown
217 Central Ave.
St. Petersburg, Florida 33701