Children's museums keep kids out of regular museums, where they could knock over antiquities or see a bathing lady for the first time. Use your outdoor voice indoors with this Groupon.
$75 for a one-year family membership (a $150 value)
- Valid for two named adults and their dependent children within one household
- Unlimited free admission all year long
- 10 free guest passes
- Invitations to free members-only events
- 20% discount on birthday parties and summer camp
- 15% discount in the Museum Shop and Picnic Basket Cafe
- Discounts on special events and programs
- Free subscription to the members-only newsletter
- Free birthday treat for children 12 and younger
Discounted membership offer does not include ACM reciprocity.
The Magic House
Though built as a private home in 1901, the Victorian mansion stood vacant for years—until its first children's hands-on exhibits opened to the public more than 35 years ago. Since then, The Magic House's curators have worked to engage children of all ages in learning and creative thought through a range of interactive multimedia exhibits. Their exhibits enable visitors to service cars, climb treehouse ladders, and go fishing in a child-centric community, or play with pumps and pipes in a waterworks playground. They can also climb a three-story fairy-tale beanstalk or use detective skills, fingerprint analyses, and secret passageways to solve mysteries.
Museum staffers also organize a range of themed birthday parties, during which attendees play and complete special tasks as time travelers, scientists, or fairy-tale nobility. Family programs encompass monthly visits from outside professional artists, and special events designed to get the whole family moving. Visitors can refuel for exploration at the on-site Picnic Basket Cafe, whose menu highlights whole grains and healthy ingredients.