A good gastropub isn’t just the perfect place to practice close-up magic on unsuspecting patrons—it’s also a great spot to meet friends and share Burton Gilliam gossip. Start your tongue wagging with today’s Groupon to The Rusty Spoon. Choose between the following options:
- For $40, you get a gastropub dinner for two (up to a $80.95 total value). The dinner for two includes:
- One shared first plate or salad (up to a $14 value)
- Two pasta dishes or Sustenance entrees (up to a $23 value each)
- One shared dessert (up to a $6.95 value)
- Two glasses of wine or draft beer (up to a $7 value each)
- For $7, you get $15 worth of anything on the menu for lunch. Menu items change weekly.<p>
The Rusty Spoon’s kitchen team transforms locally sourced ingredients into succulent meat, pasta, and London-inspired gastropub fare on a rotating menu. First plates beckon dining duos to share seasonal flavors, which can include tastes such as clams poached in butter and lowered by pulley systems onto a toasted baguette. Chefs hand-cut fettuccini and weave the noodles around house-made sausage, and a coffee rub coats a grilled culotte of steak. Shrimp broth flows between local yellowtail snapper and clams from Cedar Creek in a stew accented by tomato, coconut and peanuts. For dessert, hands pull pieces from house-made doughnuts and plunge spoons into a trio of puddings. Like the Man in the Moon’s facial expression, The Rusty Spoon’s menu changes each week, and these dishes are an example of what may be available.
Patrons trade conversation between sips of draft beer, such as Guinness, or a selection of white and red wines, including a 2009 merlot from Tuscany. Each of the chef’s creations bands together sustainable and natural ingredients, including 100% beef carved from the mighty sirloin sequoias at Deep Creek Ranch.