Indian cuisine is popular throughout the world because of its savory spices, wide range of ingredients, and lack of rocks. Savor traditional subcontinental fare with today’s Groupon to Village Indian Cuisine Restaurant in Jersey City. Choose between the following options:
- For $26, you get an Indian dinner for two (a $59.95 total value) that includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $7.99 value)
- Two naans (up to a $2.99 value each)
- Two entrees (up to a $16.99 value each)
- Two beers or glasses of wine (up to a $6 value each)<p>
- For $46, you get an Indian dinner for four (a $119.90 total value) that includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $7.99 value each)
- Four naans (up to a $2.99 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $16.99 value each)
- Four beers or glasses of wine (up to a $6 value each)<p>
Village Indian Cuisine’s traditional Indian cuisine stuffs a menu with simmering curries, fresh-baked naan, and meaty tandoori dishes. Diners start feasts off right with appetizers including lamb sholay—tender meat grilled with vinegar and salt seasoning. Naan bread accompanies entrees to the table, helpful for scooping up morsels in a plain, butter, or garlic flatbread embrace. Succulent meat dishes include lamb vindaloo, with chunks of slow-simmered boneless lamb and potatoes in spicy onion curry sauce and tandoori half chicken, marinated in spices and roasted in a traditional clay oven. Indian culinary traditions are rife with delectable vegetarian options, as well, such as aloo gobi palak—potatoes, cauliflower, and spinach in savory herbs and spices. Adventurous diners can explore the Village Special Biryani, a mix of basmati rice, lamb, goat, eggs, shrimp, and labyrinthine flavor palates. To add Indian authenticity to liquid meal elements, opt for an imported Indian beer or sample the wines from the full bar.
Diners at Village Indian Cuisine are ensconced in an authentic subcontinental ambiance, surrounded by rural life murals depicting farmers clearing out their overgrown iTunes libraries and overlooked by flat-screen TVs alive with the sounds of Bollywood music videos.
765 Newark Ave.
Jersey CIty, New Jersey 07306