- $9 for two tickets and two Gluhwein mugs at the Vancouver Christmas Market from November 24 until December 24 (an $18 value).
- Located on the Queen Elizabeth Theatre Plaza, the Vancouver Christmas Market is Vancouver’s first traditional open-air German Christkindlmarkt
- Visitors can enjoy a variety of traditional German and Bavarian food, including traditional hot-mulled wine (Gluhwein)
- Peruse merchandise from more than 30 German and Canadian vendors
- Activities includes gingerbread-making and candle decoration
- Market opens on Wednesday, November 24 and closes Christmas Eve
- With the Christmas Market, Vancouver joins other world cities in a 700-year-old tradition
Good Life Vancouver featured the Vancouver Christmas Market. More than 1,300 Facebookers are fans. > * It is so much more than just a craft fair. An authentic German Christmas Market creates the perfect atmosphere for purchasing Christmas related merchandise and food. It also serves as an ideal setting for multiple cultural activities and events. The romantic setting of the Christmas Market with its customary rows of little wooden huts that are decorated in pine branches, strung with little white lights showing off the merchandise, will develop into the focal point of the holiday season in the city. – Good Life Vancouver
Vancouver Christmas Market
Inspired by German yuletide traditions, the Vancouver Christmas market creates a colorful Christmas festival complete with authentic German Christmas gifts, savoury food and drink, and a variety of family-friendly entertainment. The market, which began in 2010, has outgrown its original venue and moved to the seaside Jack Poole Plaza, where it can stretch across the plaza's more than 50,000 square feet of space. Visitors flock to the market every year to grab a drink after work, spend time with friends and family, or check out the market's cultural activities and entertainment.